Cat and dog boarding services at Ocean Acres Animal Sanctuary, providing premium quality care for your beloved pet while you travel. We offer a safe and comfortable environment where you can be rest assured your pet is in the very best hands. Our experienced ‘animal-loving’ team of expert staff are trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of cat and dog care and behavior. We know how important your pet is to you, and it’s our job to ensure they are safe, secure, healthy and happy, so you can relax and enjoy a worry-free trip away.
Who We Are
Ocean Acres is a rescue sanctuary, sheltering over 200+ cats and dogs . We’re a non-profit organisation and by offering pet boarding services, this assists us in raising funds to continue caring for animals in need.
Where We Are
Located in Newcastle, St. John on the rural East Coast of Barbados, we’re on an expanse of 4 acres of fully enclosed lush tropical land. It’s a beautiful peaceful setting with stunning views, providing the perfect lookout for your pets stay. We pride ourselves on the highest standards of maintenance; to the grounds, kennels and catteries.
We’re open seven days a week, 365 days a year, with a team of carers during the day from 8am to 6pm, and we’ve resident staff who live onsite. So you’ve no need to worry, your precious pet is safe and secure at all times.
Cat Boarding Service
- Cat Boarding Fee: bds$20 per night, per cat (discount for 2 or more cats from the same household, sharing the same space).
- Housing: 6ft x 4ft, 2-level, 4-opensided sheltered wood and wire secure enclosure – which includes toys and cat-fun apparatus. The cats are not kept in small indoor cages or pens, they’ll have a large space to play, climb, relax and enjoy.
- We Provide: Cat beds, food and water bowls or supply your own should you choose.
Dog Boarding Service
- Dog Boarding Fee: bds$30 per night, per dog (discount for 2 or more dogs from the same household, sharing the same kennel).
- Housing: Large outdoor grass kennel with dog house for shelter.
- We Provide: Food and water bowls or supply your own should you choose (and your own bed or blanket).
- Playtime and Exercise: Your dog will be walked daily by our trained staff and let out to run and play in a large secure grass paddock area. Of course they’ll also receive a whole lot of love and attention from our team, volunteers and frequent visitors.
Important Info. (Cats & Dogs)
- You are responsible for providing your pets food and any medication.
- We do not provide pet transport – you’re to collect and drop your pet to the sanctuary.
- Your pet must be vaccinated and up-to-date with flea/tick/worm medication, you’ll need to provide evidence of this.
Visit Prior To Booking
You’re more than welcome to visit us pre-booking, come see our facilities and meet our amazing care team.
If you’d like to board your cat or dog at Ocean Acres, if you’ve any questions or would like to make an appointment to visit us in advance, please contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Ocean Acres
Our pet boarding services help to support the vital work we do to protect and advocate stray, abandoned and abused cats and dogs in Barbados.